Han Solo

Transfer planning...
Hey everybody! 

It was quite the week this week. Found out that the Han Solo movie is coming out next month, I was surprised. Totally thought I was only missing two Star Wars movies...#ItsFine. HOWEVER, there is a better reason for that subject title. I told you last week that I was training a new missionary. Plot twist: He is not here yet! He got sick coming out of Utah, so he is still there until he gets better. SO, with that in mind, I have been by myself in the two new wards, going back and forth from other members of the church to the two other Elders that I live with. Crazy stuff. Not common at all, but I am making it work. 

We had a baptism this week for a guy named Ricky, he is 10 and really energetic! We taught him a few lessons this week and he had an awesome experience being baptized on Saturday, so that was fun! I got thrown under the bus and asked to play the piano...two songs I had never played before. I would give myself a 76% on guitar hero terms. I attribute all 76% of that to my mom for pushing me to take piano lessons. You’re the best, mom! 

YSA Squad!
Also, Natasha from Towne Lake got baptized that same day! I got to Skype in to see it, she bore a powerful testimony and seemed so happy. She is awesome, she had to overcome a lot and it was cool to see her make that decision 7 weeks after teaching her. 

This week has definitely been exhausting, but I am making things work. It has helped me to focus and to work my hardest, and that has been a huge blessing. I love to work hard and the satisfaction and joy that comes from it. I have felt strength come through Christ as I have put my trust in him and allowed myself to be in a position to learn. Things are going great. I love the gospel. Hope your week goes well everyone!!

Love,
Elder Barlow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Finding the 4-Leaf Clover!