Closing Time



It's hot.
Hello everyone!! As you may or may not know, this week is the final full week of my missionary service! That is a really crazy things to say but I am so grateful for the things that I have learned and the people I have built strong connections with. I wanted to share with you three lessons that I have learned during my missionary service. There are many, but you’ll have to ask me for details later ;) 

First off, I have a deep conviction of how much God truly loves all of us. I know that we are His sons and His daughters. There is nothing more valuable to me than that important fact. I get to interact with lots of different people as a missionary, and the coolest thing I have experienced is that for some reason, whether I know these people well or not, I develop such a strong love for them and a desire to help them. I know that is because I am doing what I can to help people come closer to God. So remember that! God loves you and He always will!

Second. It is more valuable to be trusted than to be loved. Love is a powerful thing, but trust adds an important element to any kind of relationship. Whether it is with God, our family members, or acquaintances at school/work. I know for myself that as we keep the commandments, trust will come, and we will experience TONS of happiness through having strong, trusting relationships that will empower us.

Third. Miracles are everywhere to be found. As the Book of Mormon says: “For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.” (Ether 12:12). All it takes is a belief that God is there and that he loves and cares about us. That will bring miracles into our lives! We need those miracles!! 

Sent by a family in Trevor's last area.
That is my little spiel for the day, but a cool experience that we had this week was we were out knocking on doors, and in the Arizona summertime, that is not the most effective way to find people interested in hearing what we have to say, but we felt that we needed to try it. The SECOND door that we knocked on, a young man named Robert comes out, and he looked pretty beaten up. We talked with him for a bit, and it turns out that his grandfather had passed away a few days prior. We shared this scripture with him: “Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.” (Alma 40:11). As soon as he read it, he smiled and wanted to learn more! We came back later and met two more of his siblings and they all felt peace by knowing more about God’s plan for their grandfather and for each of us! I know that this gospel can help us in times of good and bad! 

Love you all everyone! This is the greatest two years of my life so far! Have an amazing week :) 

Elder Trevor Barlow
Arizona Tempe Mission
1871 E Del Rio Dr
Tempe AZ 85282

Comments

  1. Do we get one more? Or is the the end? Thank you Elder Barlow for being such a great example. My son Elder Bryson Shidler will continue your legacy. I hope you get to meet him as he comes in, but I don't know how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im really happy for you. I know god will guide you the rest of the way. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!