Finding the 4-Leaf Clover!

Devotional with Elder Christofferson
Hey everyone! 

Man, it has been a busy week for sure! Running to and fro, north to south, east to west, you name it we did it! We had transfers this week and I found myself in the Chandler/Gilbert part of Arizona, which is super cool! It is a lot different than any other part of the mission I have been in. Lots of members of the church, lots of really nice houses, and everybody already knows who we are! Haha. 

I’m now covering a small place called Chandler-Gilbert Community College, so I’ve now covered all 3 colleges in the mission! That is pretty cool, haha. My companion, Elder Smith, is the man! We already know each other well! He is from near Provo, Utah and we are having a good time. I’ve definitely found a 4-leaf clover here! 😎🍀


The New Squad
We had lots of lessons this week! I got to know everyone which was super cool! We have a girl named Codi preparing for baptism in April, so we met with her and it went really well. We also met with Noel, who came with us to the new convert devotional last night which was way cool! It all applied to her needs, which was awesome, and Heather, one of the converts in my last area, spoke and it was so good to see her again! She gave a really powerful testimony. Good times for sure. 

We tried to find some people to teach via St. Patrick’s day, so we went over to downtown Chandler looking for people in the parks and such.  It turns out everybody was just super drunk and didn’t take us seriously, haha. We tried. Definitely a really funny experience to remember though! 

I’ve been learning a lot about the importance of trust recently. I have really been having lots of humbling experiences these last few weeks, and it’s been really exactly what I need. I feel so much closer to Christ as a result of it. I know that trusting in God is the most important part in being able to overcome the hard things that we face. Trusting him can be anything as simple as praying, thanking him, showing love to others, and asking him and others close to you for help. That has brought me so much strength and makes the biggest difference in my life. I hope all of you get the chance to experience that this week! 

I love you all and hope that you know that! Have a great week!

Elder Trevor Barlow
Arizona Tempe Mission
1871 E Del Rio Dr
Tempe AZ 85282

Comments

  1. Great to hear from my "pre-missionary" that doesn't know he's my "pre-missionary" Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!