Expect the Unexpected!

Happy Monday everyone! Transfers are here, and they hit our zone pretty hard! We are having a pretty big turnover. Both Elder Morgan and I are leaving the area which we shared with some sister missionaries and they are taking over the ward since we are losing more missionaries than normal. So I will still be leading the Phoenix YSA zone but I will be headed to my third YSA ward with Elder Smith from Springviille, Utah! It will be a party! I am super excited! 

We had Mission Leadership Council this week, and it was super good. We basically decided what we would be trained on in different parts of the next month, and it was a great discussion. Aiden Jensen, formerly known as Elder Jensen (he was my zone leader a while back) came to visit and it was a good time. I always learn a lot at those meetings!! 

We had a new investigator named Devon this week. We met with him on Saturday morning and it was pretty rough. He is a pretty shy guy and didnt open up to us very much, so it was a little awkward. But it was pretty awesome because at the end we bore a powerful testimony about the Book of Mormon and coming to church, so what did he do? He read from the Book of Mormon and came to church with us the next day! He loved it! He opened up a lot, and it will be pretty sad when we have to leave, because we finally got a good relationship with him! 

Anyways, this week has really taught me that God does not intend for us to be comfortable! If we are comfortable we are not growing and progressing, but are becoming stagnant. I have come to love the aspect of getting out of my comfort zone. It is pretty awesome. Think about that, if you are getting a little too comfortable, think about some ways you can grow and progress in your lives! 

Love you all!

Elder Trevor Barlow
Arizona Tempe Mission

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Finding the 4-Leaf Clover!