Twenty-Something

Thanks to Sister Benjamin for surprising Trevor with his
favorite cake...Gold Medal Ribbon Ice Cream & Chocolate Cake

Hello everyone! Thank you  all for the birthday wishes, it feels 
pretty good to say that I am no longer a teenager. But it's also not the best because I don't have any excuses to be immature. ;) Anyway, we had a great week. Let me tell you about it.

We had a great meeting this week with two leaders of the church, Elder L. Whitney Clayton and Elder Gregory Schwitzer. They came on Saturday and shared some great thoughts with us on the importance of the commandments and the scriptures. It was really cool to see such wise leaders who have such amazing understanding of the gospel open up the scriptures and teach from them. I loved that. My attention was really drawn to Matthew 18 in the Bible, where Christ talks about the lost sheep. I love how he says that those who are lost, when they return, his joy is greater than all the 99 that stayed with him. I love that, it shows how much he cares and loves each one of us. I know he does.

I went on an exchange with Elder McFarlane from Boston, Massachusetts this week. It was actually super fun. We met a new family who has a 7-year old kid named Jaden, who was wearing some really cool sunglasses, and we used the sunglasses to tie into God's plan for us and boom, we have another appointment on Thursday. It was awesome to see how you can relate literally anything to the gospel if you choose to. It was a great thing to see that, and I would invite you to look for any random object and think about how it applies to God's love for you! It's a fun activity :)

Cool experience, last night at our monthly New Convert Devotional, one of the newer elders, Elder Knowlton, who is from the Spokane area, and came up to me and told me that he saw my name at one of the LDS stores in Spokane from when I was getting ready for my mission.  When he got his call to this mission, he looked up my blog and said
that he loved the experiences that I had and that they helped him prepare for a mission! It was so unexpected but so cool. Always remember that your actions have a huge impact on so many people, whether or not you know that they are paying attention to you! Also, thanks to my mom for running my blog! ;)

Have a great week everyone! Love you all! 


Christ loves you more though. :)

Elder Barlow


Scorpion Graveyard


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Finding the 4-Leaf Clover!