First Week, Check

Hellooooo everyone!! :) This week has had everything packed into a 6-day period, and it has been crazy but super awesome. I have felt joy, stress, exhaustion, skeptical, and everything in between. But I can see the growth both in me and the elders that I have around me and that on it's own is a miracle! :)
So my companions' names are Elder Day and Elder Pope (yes, I have two right now, Elder Hopkins had to head home this morning due to health issues), and they are both super awesome. Elder Day is one of the most chill, laid back men I have ever known. Elder Pope is even weirder than I am sometimes (crazy, huh?) and has an awesome spirit about him. Today is my first day as a tri-panionship so that'll be a little different, but I am pretty excited to see where that goes. We are currently teaching two investigators, Bubba and Aaron. Bubba is a literal gangster who moved to Utah to get away from that, and Aaron is just going to school at the U. They are both super awesome, but we have only taught them one lesson so I'll keep you posted on their progress.

Sunday night we watched a talk called "Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar given a few years ago, and it was amazing and I learned so much. To add to that experience, after the talk was over Elder and Sister Bednar showed up and surprised EVERYONE, even the MTC presidency. It was so cool to hear him talk and answer any questions that we missionaries had for him. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had.

Well I want to thank you all for your love and support that you've given me this past week. I am learning and growing and am so happy and excited to be out here. I love it. Thanks for the cinnamon rolls mom and for the red barn treats grandma and grandpa and for all of the letters I've gotten. I will talk to you all next week!!

Love and miss you!!

Elder Barlow

Elder Miller being living proof that our days are very exhausting, but looking righteous while doing so ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!