Inferno Week 10

The amazing Evans Family!
Again, I have like no time this week, sorry everyone, but life has been busy!! 

This week we had some really cool experiences. But my favorite was just yesterday, we had the chance to fast, which means that we pray for specific blessings for others or ourselves, and then we sacrifice two meals, or 24 hours, without eating or drinking. You read about it in the bible and the Book of Mormon a lot. Usually, fasting is really hard for me to do, since I am a huge lover of food, but this time around I loved it. I had some really big reasons to fast, and as I focused on the purpose of fasting, to be able to help others, it was so cool to feel that my hunger and selfish thoughts were gone for the whole day. It was super cool. Fasting is amazing, it is healthy for you, and it blesses the lives of so many. I have already seen improvement in the things that I fasted for. The gospel of Jesus Christ is true!! 

Probably, one of the coolest things that I have been learning about lately is the importance of showing love to others. I am not super uptight, I think I am a pretty chill person, but we all have pet peeves that drive us insane. Some of those pet peeves were pointed out this week, and I was trying my hardest to not be frustrated. The main thing that I noticed is that no matter what, the most important thing to do when we are frustrated is to serve others. That is what Jesus did, so you try to do it too!! I love being able to serve people every day! it is the best feeling in the world!! 

Have a great week everyone!! I have no time!!

Elder Barlow


Always happy to see Elder Grigsby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!