First Transfer is Complete

Holding a baby pig born that morning. My companion thought for sure he was going to get sick after he found that out. He didn't.

Hey everybody!!! Hope the life in good ol' North Idaho and wherever you are inthe  world is going well. Things in Casa Grande are still in the 90s and still pretty darn awesome!! I am having a lot of fun getting to know new people as well as get to know the ward better as I stay strong in the work. There were some awesome experiences this week I will share with you.

Alright, so first of all, this week we met this new guy. He is a miracle in his own right. He has dealt with lots of trials in his life and has been looking for peace. His wife is a less-active member of the church, so this last sunday they just decided to go to church out of the blue!  They LOVED it, so we met with them twice this week to see what he wants out of church and to start teaching him the gospel!! Our first lesson, we put him on date for an October 22nd baptism #awesome. By the second lesson he had already invited all of his friends and family to the baptism and he has also been sharing tons of posts from apostles and stuff. So he is like so prepared for the gospel, it is insane. After the second lesson he asked us about drinking coffee and said he didn't want to drink coffee anymore, even though we never talked about the Word of Wisdom. So my only question is who is this man?? He came to our ward Sunday and loved it, and also invited a member family to their house for dinner last night. So yeah, this guy and his wife are some of the coolest people I have met.

Other good news, Brother E. found out this week that he is going to be able to both baptize and confirm his wife!! This was something they were stressing about for the past few weeks, but now it is something they are so relieved to know. Sister E. asked us to give the talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost, so that should be pretty awesome :) Also, we went to their house for dinner on saturday and Sister E. said this to us, "Transfers are this week, right?" and we were kinda weirded out that she knew that, so we asked how she knew and she said that she had been counting since last time! We started to laugh and she just explained that she really didn't want either of us to leave. She then asked if it would be inappropraite for her to fast so that we would stay!! We were laughing so hard and that was one of the best things I have heard maybe ever. 

So yeah, chances are I am going to be here in the good ol' CG for the next 6 weeks. If anything changes, I will be sure to let you all know ;) The work is still pretty intense, we barely have time to contact referrals as well as do our additional 60 minutes of study for training. So that must be a good thing, right?? 

My spiritual thought is simply the fact that General Conference is coming up in a few weeks. If you don't know what conference is, it is awesome. Look up LDS General Conference on www.lds.org and check out some of the talks from the April conference. Read at least two talks this week leading up to it. Something I wish I did was spiritually prepare for conference. Write down a few questions that you have, watch conference, and look for the answers to your questions. I promise you that they will be answered. 

As I end my first transfer as a full-time missionary, I just want you all to know that Heavenly Father loves you individually. There were a lot of things I was concerned with coming out here and things I wasn't sure I would be able to do. But as I turned myself over to the Lord, I have found strength and skills that I never knew I could have. So, I promise you as you rely on the Lord, He will help you at all times, and in all places. 

I love all of you!! Keep being awesome and let me know what I can do for any of you! I would love to hear from you, whether over email or via letter! My address is in one of my previous emails! Love you all!!

Elder Trevor Barlow

#MelagrosInTheBend

#trevorsmomhasnoideawhatthishashtagmeans

We accidentally dropped a cake a member gave us in the parking lot. We still ate some of it and it was delicious and I didn't get sick. So, yeah.

P.S. A "transfer" in mission terms is a six-week period of time. Missions throughout the world move their missionaries around within the mission boundaries. Not all missionaries are moved at transfers. Most missionaries stay in their area for months at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!