Somebody's Watching Me...

Hello everyone, and Happy Halloween to you all!! We had our p-day moved to today since we have be inside at 6 anyways because no one takes us seriously on Halloween. But we also get to go to the Mesa temple as well, which is super awesome. Love the temple so much. This week was really fantastic for many reasons, but I'll maybe share just a few of those experiences with you. 

First off, I was able to attend the temple on Saturday with the Bushnell's, who I taught in Casa Grande a year ago. They were able to go through the temple for the first time and being able to be there was one of the coolest things ever. Being able to see both of them go to the temple together was amazing, and there was a powerful spirit. Sister Bushnell, after going through, came and told Elder Grigsby and I, "You tell your mothers that this was worth it, okay?!?" It was really funny, but it is so true. We tell people about our mission experience and they are amazed at all that we sacrifice, but in all reality it doesn't feel like a sacrifice because of all the amazing experiences we have every single day. Missions are the best, but that is because I know this gospel is true. I know it with all my heart, and it brings me so much happiness to say that. 

Funny story.  Yesterday, I went with some other Elders in their area for a few hours, and they were telling me about this "Boy Biker Gang" that they were trying to teach. I didn't really believe them, but sure enough we drove up to this house, and there were 5 kids, ages 9-11, riding their bikes down the street in a formation. It was a sight. It was hilarious. They saw us and got super excited and they told us to teach them about Jesus!! You got it, kid. So we did, and discovered that they were in the middle of hiding from their parents because they had stolen some money. So we decided to talk to them about honesty, it was pretty intense. It turned out well and hopefully they learned an important lesson. Don't steal or lie, kids. 

Another cool thing that happened was on Saturday, some members of the Mission Department in Salt Lake City were here in our mission, helping train us on how to be better missionaries. They asked to be out with us in our area on Saturday, and it was super amazing and I learned a lot. The most important thing I wanted to share with you was that he told us how important it is that we are good examples to others. We all face challenges and trials in life, and the people that I have learned the most from are those who have handled their challenges with maturity and still see the positive through it all. I know that regardless of our challenges, if we see the good, those challenges will be easier to handle, and we will be able to help other people overcome their challenges as well. It is a pretty cool concept and a feeling I hope all of you are able to experience. 

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I know He loves each of you! I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Barlow

Families are Forever! #temples

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!