Gobble 'til ya Wobble!


Don't judge...I needed proof.

Lamborghini, Audi, Ferrari.
Same apartment complex. Same day.
Happy Thanksgiving week everyone! I hope you are preparing yourselves for one of the best holidays ever. Food is definitely one of my favorite things, so I always look forward to the feast that will go down in about 3 days. And yes, always remember, gobble ‘til you wobble. 

Well, after being in the Towne Lake ward for about 2 Weeks, I have seen some awesome things. I even saw an Audi, Lamborghini, and Ferrari all at the SAME HOUSE. And it was an apartment at that. Logical? Not really. Awesome? You bet. Anyways, I definitely have a strong belief that there are people out there who need us! Something that is really emphasized as a missionary is the principle of talking to everyone, which is exactly what it sounds like. We go out of our way to talk with and get to know everyone we see. That is my favorite part of this work, we meet so many amazing people! 

This week, we met a lady named Valentina, who is actually from Russia. She is a student at Mesa Community College and is one of the nicest, most hilarious people I have ever met. We also met a girl named Barbara who is from Hungary! She is so cool. She was so excited to see us all dressed up, and when we told her about who we were she got even more excited! I like to think I’m an exciting person, so it was nice to have someone agree with me for once! 😎😉 Each of these people we wouldn’t have met unless we had a desire to reach out to people. I know that is something we can all do more often. Reach out to others. Let them know you care. It will bring happiness unlike any other into your life. 

Probably the coolest experience was on Thursday, we went to the Mesa Temple visitor’s center with Joe, one of our Investigators getting close to baptism. The visitors center is basically a place with videos, exhibits, an awesome statue of Christ, and all of it is meant to help us to learn more about God’s love for us. Joe loved it so much, he said he wants to go twice next week! He self committed to baptism in the middle of December, so we are really excited for him! It was super cool to feel how strong the feeling was in that center! It is a beautiful place, and I know that everything that is good comes straight from God. That was a really great example of that. 

As we all think about what we are thankful for, remember that principle. These things that we are, are all evidence that God loves us and wants us to be happy. I know that for sure. Be thankful, and be happy, and don’t eat too much food. Have a great week everyone 😁

Love,
Elder Barlow




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!