Temples and Transfers

Gonzalo and his mom on her baptism day!
Hey everybody!!! Man, has time been flying! I feel like I just sent out my last email...let's see what I can give you this week. 

Best experience this week was on Saturday for sure. If you have been diligent in reading my emails for the last year you will remember that last October there was an awesome young man in Casa Grande named Gonzalo who got baptized, and this weekend his mom actually got baptized, and Gonzalo baptized her! I got permission to go, so for the first time in over 9 months I was back in Casa Grande! It was a really cool baptism, Gonzalo was pretty nervous but it was really powerful to see their family come together in celebration of Nancy's choice. It was a really cool moment. It is awesome how God works through families, and that is where we find our greatest joy. 

I also was able to go on two different exchanges this week, we had our MLC and normally we would have a meeting with the zone to train them on what we learned. But now it is the District Leaders' job to do that, so I went on an exchange with Elder McFarlane, one of our District Leaders, and trained him on how to do that, and it was a really good day!! We went to Dairy Queen for lunch and there was a really nice man named Mr. Roberts who had a disorder where he was constantly shaking all the time.  As we sat and talked with him, you could see him calm down and not shake as much, and as we were getting ready to leave, he thanked us for the job we are doing. We simply told him that it isn't us, but that God works through us to help others. That is true for all of us, no matter who you are. I know that the most important responsibility we have here is not just to be happy, but to be happy by first focusing on other people. Try it. 
Lucia on her first visit to the temple, just 4 weeks after getting baptized!

I got to go to the temple twice this week!! Once on Halloween since no one likes us. ;)  After that we played some (Settlers of) Catan and I destroyed. ;) But we also went to the Mesa temple, and that temple is so beautiful. I always learn so much at the temple. Then on Saturday, we went with Lucia to the temple as well.  She was baptized about 4 weeks ago, and going to the temple with her was a really powerful experience. I could see that she was changed after that. The temple is a powerful place. I know that is where God does his most important work. 

I know Christ lives, and I hope you all are looking to come close to Him, because that will bring you happiness. Have a great week everyone!

Elder Barlow

Random selfie before a Halloween photo shoot...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!