Michael Jordan

Hey everybody! This week I achieve Michael Jordan status...(23 months). I can't say that I am thrilled about that. But it's alright, 5 weeks is a long time to change the world! ;) We had an awesome week. Here are some highlights:

We had transfers this week, and not much changed! The zone overall stayed pretty similar, which is cool. Every transfer weekend the stake presidency has us over for ice cream, and last night they had us share our favorite scripture! Mine was Alma 36:24 in the Book of Mormon:

"Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, 
that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to 
taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they 
might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost."

And the coolest thing about this experience was as soon as we started sharing the scriptures, a very powerful feeling entered the room. I know the scriptures are the word of God! Reading them will bring us peace and strength through our toughest challenges:) 

Also, we set a goal of having 3 investigators attend church this week. The most we have had in the area in the last 2 months was 2, so we were pushing for it big time during the week. We prayed hard and worked hard, and believe it or not, we had not 3, not 4, but 5 investigators COME TO CHURCH yesterday!! God will reward us for working hard, he totally will! 

I have also been thinking a lot about how I want to progress and what I want to learn with the time that I have left. I think that something all of us need to learn is that we all play a part in God’s plan for His children. He has a plan for us, but we can help his plan happen in the lives of others if we are willing to focus on others more than ourselves. That is my goal this week!! I will let you know how that goes :) 

Have a great week everyone!! 

Elder Trevor Barlow
Arizona Tempe Mission
1871 E Del Rio Dr
Tempe AZ 85282

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!