In God's Country


Feed My Starving Children - Mesa & YSA Squad
Hey there everyone!! This week has been a good one, lots of trials and lots of opportunities to share my testimony. It has been legit. Here we go:

So first off, the coolest thing happened this week, there is a guy named Brad that I used to teach in San Marcos, and he got baptized!! I got to go, and it was funny how it worked out because Elder Smith (my old companion) called me on Friday and said that their church building was already scheduled for the time they wanted to have the baptism, so they called to see if they could do it at our building! So it worked out really well, the baptism got moved to our church building, and our new investigator Michael got to come! He really enjoyed it. It was the first time that he had seen a baptism of any sort! 

Michael is a great guy, this week he has been reading tons of the Book of Mormon, he wanted to help clean the church building on Saturday so we went to go help with that, and we have had a few meetings with him this week. He is a very humble guy and I am learning a ton from him. 

We also did TONS of service this last week, we went to Feed My Starving Children, and then we helped someone in our congregation replace all of the window screens in her house, which was an adventure since it was 109 that day. So service is the best. If you have a desire to serve, there is a cool website and app called JustServe (justserve.org is the website I think), so check it out to find some service opportunities near you! We use it all the time. 

Anyways, I love this work, it is definitely the work of Jesus Christ! Every day getting to spend my time learning about Him and teaching others about Him is the best way to use my time, and I am forever grateful for it. I look forward to this week, because every week provides new opportunities! 

Have a great one everyone! 

Elder Trevor Barlow
Arizona Tempe Mission
1871 E Del Rio Dr
Tempe AZ 85282

Brad's Baptism

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!