Math Anyone?

Transfers...ignore the double chin - it's the collar's fault!

Hey all! I just want you all to know that Arizona is awesome. Is it a desert? You bet. Have I learned to love it? Of course. The reason I say that is, I have met, and am close with, some of the most amazing people ever as a result of serving here the last year and a half. I highly recommend it! I love being a missionary with all my heart. You’re probably sick of hearing that, but it’s the truth. 

This week was crazy! First, I have a funny experience for you. We were out visiting some people on Friday and we are talking with a member of our church and in the middle of our conversation, her neighbor busts out of their apartment, stops, stares at us for a second, says “Hey, you guys good at math?” Elder Morgan and I simultaneously look at each other and say, “Sure!” In unison. We finish our convo with the member, then we walk into this guy's apartment and he is doing college algebra! Keep in mind, I have not done math in nearly two years! So we sit down, he shows us the problem, and we sit there for a bit, and out of some miracle, we give a suggestion and solve the math problem! That was no small task, people! Anyway, it was awesome, and they said they want to read the Book of Mormon and come to church with us! Miracles!

Second, we have been working with this girl I will call Sarah (not her real name, but she wants this all to be kept quiet for now). For about 4 months and during that time she has been pretty close to ending her meetings with us. However, she went on a trip to Utah for business stuff, and she went to Temple Square with a member in our congregation, and it changed her life! We met with her on Saturday morning, and she wants to get BAPTIZED! Crazy stuff! She had thought so much about it and in one day, all of her questions were answered! She has changed so much! Miracles are everywhere!

I have gotten the feeling that I am running out of time, which is true because I have 5 months left as a missionary. However, I want you all to know that the reason I do this for two years is because this gospel is TRUE! I wouldn’t have left you all behind and given up school, job, family, friends, etc. if this wasn't the truest and most meaningful thing on the planet. I know it with all of my heart, and I encourage you all to give this message a shot. If you do, it will change your life, as it has for me. 

Love you all. Have an awesome week!

Elder Barlow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!