On the Road Again

What’s up everybody??? 

Hopefully things are great wherever you are, because things are heating up both literally and figuratively. We have started to hit 100 every now and then, and transfers have struck again. After only 6 weeks in San Marcos, I am headed out to Mesa to cover two wards and train a new missionary! Basically that means that a brand new mission will be my companion and I’ll show him the ropes. I am super excited. Should be a good time. 

This week was legit. We found this new guy Brad (shout out to the best Brad ever, a.k.a. My dad), but this Brad is pretty awesome too. He came to the Mesa Temple Visitors Center on Friday, came to church with us on Sunday, and is preparing for baptism on May 12th!! That will be super awesome. Very excited for that. He was a referral from the Towne Lake sisters, so that was pretty cool to get a referral from my old ward. But anyways, he is a baller, so I will hopefully get to come back for his baptism. 

Had a dentist appointment this week with Dr. Tonioli (my parents went to dental school with him in Iowa)...go hawks! That was pretty cool. We ended up teaching the dental assistant a little bit about the church and got a return appointment. #GodKnows. Pretty awesome. 

Also, cool experience, we had a recent convert named Jordan, who is awesome. She has been baptized for a few months, but we did some family history with her this week!  Basically, that means we researched her ancestors and their stories and experiences. Good times. She actually found enough information from her grandma that she got to go to the temple and give her the opportunity to be baptized! If you don't know what that means, shoot me a Facebook message and I would love to explain it to you! It is cool stuff! Basically, we believe God wants to give all his children the opportunity to be baptized, which is something we do in the temple! Message me!! :) 

Anyways, as I head into my last 12 weeks, I feel like I am about to learn the most about missionary work that I ever have. It’ll be hard, out of my comfort zone, but the last 21 months have also been that way, so I am excited to see what more I will learn and how God will help me grow. It’ll be fun!! :) Have a great week everyone! 

Love, 
Elder Barlow





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!