It Doesn't Feel Like November


Found this at one of the houses we knocked...too hard to resist.
What is up everyone!! It was good to hear from you all this week. This week has been a roller coaster, that is for sure. I love this work. It provides some experiences that always seem to blow my mind. It was overall an awesome week for sure!! Here we go:

Monday - We played tennis for p-day, I was so pumped. It felt good to get out there again for the first time on the mission. We had another NERF war with the Beebe's, and I was victorious (3-0). It was sweet.

Tuesday - Election Day!! Exciting huh? Just kidding. We used the evening as a finding activity because EVERYONE was home, and we found about 5 new investigators just by visiting people who normally weren't home. It was awesome!

Wednesday - Trump is going to be president...hmm. Anyways, we had a great lesson with Jacob and went through the baptismal interview questions, and he is so ready and is going to be an awesome member of the church! We also got to talk to Melissa, who was baptized about 8 months ago and went pretty anti-Mormon for a while, but we finally were able to talk and set up a lesson with her.

Thursday - I honestly don't remember. I didn't have time to write in my journal so I got nothing. Wait, all of our lessons cancelled so we spent most of our time visiting people. We got some pizza and a sister from another ward gave us some pumpkin pie for dessert.  It was awesome.

Friday - Had a great meeting with Elder Kevin W. Pearson of the Seventy. He was awesome and talked with us a lot about being agents who act instead of objects being acted upon. It was really good and I learned a lot about how I need to work harder as a missionary and my time is short. Teach to everyone, people! The church is really true!!

Saturday - I played the piano at a Spanish baptism (that is not a typo). It was great, I felt pretty accomplished. Even though I knew nothing that anyone was saying, it was pretty cool. We had our lesson with Melissa and she wants to come back to church next week! That was awesome.

Sunday - Brother Mejia was called as the ward mission leader!! VICTORY! I don't know what it is like to have one, so that will be an adjustment, but it should be fun. We had a really good lesson with the Beebe family, and Brother Beebe dabbed...it made my life. It was awesome.

Well I am out of time for this week. I would like all of you to read Joseph Smith History!! if you don't know what that is, let me know and I will hook you up! :) It has been a great learning experience for me.


Love you all! Keep being pretty awesome!

Elder Barlow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!