Inferno Week #2

 I wasn't kidding about naming every email the inferno. Man it is hot. I thought I would be used to it but I don't know how you can physically get used to 110 degrees. It makes for some good tanning though!! ;)


I hope you all had a good week everyone, because I sure did!! There is no such thing of a bad week as a missionary. This is the best work and the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I love every minute of it. I am coming up on 11 months this week, and that honestly blows my mind. "Time goes by so slowly, but time can do so much"...good line from a great song, "Unchained Melody". Anyways, we had lots of cool experiences this week that I wish I could share with all of you, but there is one in particular that I had personally that helped strengthen my testimony of repentance.


This Wednesday was the Mission Leadership Conference, where the leaders of the mission get together and talk/pray about the struggles in the mission and what to do to resolve them. This conference was entirely focused on the gifts that can come from the Holy Ghost, which is given to us after we are baptized as members of the church. As we learned more about these gifts, thoughts kept coming to me about what I can do to be a better example to those around me. The main thing that I thought about was how I can use my time wisely in the morning preparing for the day and at night preparing for bed, etc. The main thing I felt I could do better is something called pondering, which I define as thinking about the experiences you have and thinking about what you can learn from them. As I spent time pondering this week, I learned so much more about the people we are teaching and the needs of the missionaries I am leading. It was amazing. I know that was a result of repentance and desire to change. Making changes to follow Christ will help us all to learn more about the Savior and know what more we can do to help those people that are close to us. I have a very strong testimony of that. 

Gilbert, Arizona Temple
Also, last night we had a fireside on the temple for all of the people who were recently baptized in the south Phoenix area. There were tons of good talks ,and I am so grateful for the temple. It is there to bless us and our families to make us all happy, and to make it possible for us to return to live with God together as a family. I love the temple. If you haven't seen a temple, I will include pictures of just a couple. They are amazing.
Spokane, Washington Temple





Love you all! Have a great week!! You are all awesome and thank you
for all you do for me!!

Elder Barlow

When someone gets a hold of your iPad during a lesson.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Finding the 4-Leaf Clover!