Attending Baptisms!!

Mother's Day Skype!
Hey!!! I hope all of you are going awesome. This week was pretty awesome and busy, which is always a good thing. We had some pretty cool experiences that really helped me, so I hope they will help you too.

First off, this week my companion and I did something called "Zone Recommendations" where we meet with the missionaries in our zone and review their strengths, improvements, and just think about what we can do to help them improve. It took up about 6-8 hours to do, so it was spread out during the week, but it was awesome to see how many changes people can make when they set goals and make plans for themselves to grow. I would encourage every single one of you to set personal goals for you, your schooling, your career, family, whatever it may be, and I promise you that will help you see change and see improvement, and you will know how you can continue to do so. I have tried it out and it has made a huge difference for me in my life. I'll get off my soapbox now haha.

We are currently teaching a person named Katrina, who has been super close to baptism for about 5 months, but has one of the busiest schedules I have ever seen. This week we sat down with her and made a plan with her to make it to baptism, and it was really cool. We were able to find consistent times to meet with her, and she set aside more time to study and prepare, and she attended a baptism with us this weekend, which was super powerful and spiritual. She made it to church as well, so things are looking up for her. It was a very inspired conversation and has really helped her out. 

My little bro, Mason!
Finally, something that I loved this week was I had the chance to Skype into my little brother's baptism on Saturday. It was something so special to be there with my family to help him celebrate that special day, and it touched my heart to see how much he has grown as he has learned about Christ and he has started to make such a big difference in the lives of so many people. It was really spiritual and really powerful. If any of you have not been to a baptismal service, please see one, whether you are religious or not! It is such a beneficial experience for everyone. 

Anyways, those were a few cool experiences I had that helped me. Now, I want to hear from you on some of your experiences!! Share with me your coolest experience of the week! I would love to hear them :) You are all awesome. Stay awesome, and have a great week!

Elder Barlow

Speaking at Mason's baptism!

When the enchiladas taste a little funny...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week