May? For Real?

The Golf Squad! 
Hey everyone!! No, I really can't believe it is already May. I am starting to get used to the heat which is nice. I am glad I entered the mission field in the summer because I know what to expect. It is becoming more hot each day. Fun, Fun. I went golfing today so I am pretty tired...this might be a little shorter. We will see.
The Baptism!!!

Best thing this week was that Kyra got baptized!!!! It was a super cool experience. We met with her pretty much every day this last week except for Tuesday, I think, to pump her up and make sure she didn't have concerns, and the baptism was awesome. She got pretty emotional afterwards. She asked me to give her the gift of the Holy Ghost that next day, which was super cool. I love how the Spirit gives me the words to say in those instances. I have no recollection of what I said, which is a sign that they were not my words. It was awesome, and she loves church, and she is starting to teach her three kids how to pray and such. It is so cool to see. It is one of my favorite things as a missionary is seeing kids learn the gospel. And seeing other people teach it to them.

We also had zone conference this week!! We got rear-ended on the way there. It wasn't bad at all, in fact, our bike rack wrecked the other guy's car. He got out, looked at the damage, said "Sorry guys, it has been a bad day." And got back in and drove away. So that was chill. Elders Grigsby, Hawkes, and Cleveland are all in the same zone now, so when we showed up they all had matching ties on, and Elder Hawkes pulled one out of his pocket and handed it to me. It was pretty ugly, but hey, it was worth it. I don't have the pictures yet, but once I get them I will send them to you. Zone conference was really powerful there was lots of throw down and lots of spirit-led stuff, which is always good.

We got to do tons of service this week too! We helped a lady in the Sister's ward move out of their house, that took about 2.5 hours, and then we helped the City of Phoenix plant 114 shrubs and trees for about 2 hours, and talked with lots of elderly black people about all of their life experiences....it was legendary.

Anyways, the church is true. I know that for a fact. I love this work, I love my Heavenly Father, and I love all of you! You are all sons and daughters of God, I know that for sure. Have an awesome week, keep being awesome!!


Elder Barlow


Investigator, Jasmine to be baptized on June 10!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Time

The Inferno: The Final Week

Attending Baptisms!!